What to do if you think you have been spiked

Share via text

Experiencing drink spiking, needle spiking or spiking of any kind is very traumatic and can take time to process.

It is very important for the assault to be recorded and for you to be supported.

To ensure testing and investigation, please report spiking via 101 to the Police as soon as possible as some substances leave the body quickly. However, police will test for spiking up to 7 days after the crime.

If you need support or someone to talk to about your experience please contact Victim Support on 08 08 16 89 111 (phone or live chat) or the app via Relay UK.

If you wish to withhold your name and details you can still report to Crime stoppers via 0800 555 111 or www.crimestoppers-uk.org and they will look into the circumstances and investigate what happened.

If you suspect you have been sexually assaulted please seek help and support urgently. There are a range of choices via

Help after rape and sexual assault – NHS (www.nhs.uk)

To learn more about the signs and symptoms of spiking visit https://life-stuff.org/alcohol/drink-spiking/